The PRE-FACES study day took place on Friday February 17th 2017 at Saint Charles (Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3).
The event included 5 round tables in English on the topic of crisis and crises focused on under different aspects, starting from Shakespeare’s World.
PRE-FACES was the first scientific event of NEW FACES project.
This event brought together professors, researchers, and NGO experts from several European countries to deal about topics such as crisis in the past and in the present, language crisis, or crisis and authority. This day was also the occasion to present NEW FACES programme and its perspectives.
The twitter feeds of the day are still available here: #NewFacesErasmus
Watch again the videos of the event:
Introduction to the New Faces programme
- Opening by the officials
- Opening by the New Faces Programme representatives: Nathalie Vienne-Guerrin (Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3, IRCL), Rui Carvalho-Homem (Universidade do Porto), Andreas Mahler (Freie Universität Berlin), Paola Spinozzi (Università degli Studi di Ferrara), Martin Procházka (Charles University, Prague)
- Presentation of the Moodle platform and of the New Faces website
- Martin Procházka (Charles University, Prague): “Crisis of divine kingship and its consequences for modern nationalism”
- Nathalie Rivère de Carles (Université de Toulouse Jean Jaurès, CAS): “Colliding authorities: Shakespearean views on the contemporary crisis of the diplomatic voice”
- Marc Smyrl (Université de Montpellier, CEPEL): “‘Sad stories of the death of kings’: the loss of authority and its consequences from Richard II to David Cameron”